Sunday, June 29, 2008

I think I've got the wrong blog..

Since I'm in Las Vegas currently, I figured my first blog post should be about the fabulous city - I plan to do a longer rant-ier post about Las Vegas but I'm lazy right now and want to get something up on the scoreboard, as it were. So in an effort to entertain the masses and update you guys on my trip in general, I present the Top 10 Things I've Learned In Vegas (this time around).

10. $20 on black was a terrible choice, Sean Bibby.
9. Fatburger makes a good burger, but it pales in comparison to the glory of In-and-Out Burger.
8. Steel Panther is the most metal fucking band in the whole fucking Earth, man. Especially when the singer from The Darkness shows up.
7. The desert is still hot as hell, but the foresty mountains of Utah are gorgeous and significantly cooler. Also, they tap for one green or red mana.
6. I can drink a lot more tiny free beers at a beer tasting than I would've guessed. WITHOUT throwing up, no less!
5. Gretchen aka Sexcopter is still fucking crazy.
4. The rare bookseller in The Venetian is amazing. Anybody want to buy me a first edition of Huckleberry Finn? It's only $15,000.
3. I can literally spend an entire afternoon watching Unbeatable Banzuke.
2. Driving in Las Vegas traffic is unimaginable torment.
1. If the charming lady next to you at the bar asks if you "like to party", it's probably best to say no.

Also, the bean dips banner is the best thing in the world.

6 comments:

Voodoo Child said...

Mike...you rule. Best post so far. I was wondering, who is sexcopter gretchen? I'm guessing NOT your old cat.

And I'm jealous of you...I have never had an in-and-out burger.

Voodoo Child said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike Jaynes said...

Thanks, Sarah. Gretchen was my mom's cat that stayed at Upton at the end of the first year through part of the second year. She was calico and very moody, and refused to walk on the living room floor. And when we got George she lost her shit.

Also, Max and I called her Sexcopter sometimes.

Voodoo Child said...

I know who gretchen is...I just never knew she was also "sexcopter." I figured that would have more appropriate for a prostitute or slutty ex gf.

You guys always talk about the lava floor. :)

Katie! said...

mike, did steal panther play "asian hooker?" ASIAN HOOKER!

Mike Jaynes said...

Hahaha, yes! Steel Panther played Asian Hooker, it was great.