Monday, December 8, 2008

1/4

for those of you who don't already know, i'm leaving the nasty nac and moving to austin for a few months. i'll be that cool and live with my mom until i leave for new zealand. dru and i are going to open a hostel. yes, you can be jealous. and yes, you will get the same 'friend discount' that everyone else gets. 5%.

right now i'm feeling a little daunted by the prospect of getting a loan and putting all my eggs into remote oversees tourism. but, that aside, i'm in a really good place. dru and i are both committed to Hostel Takeover, and we can make it happen.

sweet name huh?

i'm obviously sad about ending this 6 year stretch, but as many of the authors on this blog know, it is about time. i'm 24. so a 1/4 of my life has been inside this loop. i don't regret staying. even after seeing cotten, dru, lauri, max, kevin, zero, micha, dan and others go, i knew i would leave when it was my time. that time is now. i think this is the waning of my time here and that is the best time to leave. i think i would be bitter and unhappy if i were to see my 7th fall semester begin in nac.

let's talk about epicness. no- fuck talking- let's enact epicness. i want my going away party to be spoken of in the same breath as mabeufapooza, the tickle me elmo craze and the sacking of rome. currently i only have me getting kicked out of the FB on the agenda. but we can work on it over the next few weeks.

3 comments:

cornbread hell said...

i will proudly accept the 5% discount.

Katie said...

SEAN. thats amazing. im so proud of you. so next time you call me...and i call you back...you should call me back. or hell...ill just call you soon. :)

Kacey said...

I now have yet another reason to visit New Zealand, the land of my conception/should-have-been-birthplace. AWESOME. Congratulations, Sean!