Sunday, November 9, 2008

popabowa!

ello.

it's been awhile since i've posted in this so i figured now's the time.

one. i had a dream a couple of nights ago. i guess more of a nightmare than a dream. i've been having lots of crazy dreams lately. but this one tops the list. i was somewhere outside with a lot of strangers and i looked up and perched on a telephone wire was this monkey vampire looking thing. like it was the size of a human, had fur and a tail, and the face of a vampire. first there was just one of them and then a lot more came jumping out of i don't know where, i guess air, and they were all perched like birds. that was basically the dream. i made myself wake up.

two. ryan and i were at heb, standing in line and ryan picks up a tabloid and starts flipping through it. there was a story about my monkey vampires that i just dreamt about. insane. they're called popabowas. and the article had illustrations. EXACTLY what they looked like in my dreams. except these ones had wings. the ones in my dream could have had wings. they just weren't spanned out. seriously. popabowas. the article said they mainly stalk men's dreams. i think mine really tried to get to ryan but instead got me. but seriously, wtf?

three. is anyone else scared, because i am.

four. i've been wanting cowboy boots for awhile now. i was just going to pay way too much for some at some vintage shop, but the world loves me. we walked outside to go across the street to the gas station to buy some cigarettes and there were a pair of black cowboy boots by the dumpster. yes, i took them. yes, they're about one size too big. yes, i'm wearing them right now. with socks, of course. i don't know what kind of weird fungus the previous owner had. but anyways, life loves me and my new boots.

five. i finally started my new job at the restaurant, fiddler's hearth. it's kind of slow right now because it's a new restaurant. but it's cool. and i got to play with medicine balls today. the work out kind. they're heavy. but yeah. come to austin. come to the restaurant and tip me mad.

six. i miss everyone. tons.

seven. this is the first time in my life that i am not going home for thanksgiving. sad. i miss my family.

4 comments:

You<3Dru said...

drop a house on a witch and the flying monkeys should go away

Sean! said...

a house? really? i heard that if you give me $50 they go away.

aaron said...

give me $25 and i'll make dru go away

Mike Jaynes said...

Cotten I miss you. I might be taking a trip to Austin when I'm in Texas, if Micky doesn't drive to Nacogdoches. You should go to Nac too. Maybe you can ride with him, if need be. I want to see you!