Friday, August 1, 2008

Nacogdoches

Thank you guys so, so, so much for the other night. Honestly, it was one of the best nights of my life. Sorry that I didn't throw up in my bed or on a girl, but it was not for lack of trying.

I just wanted to post something on my leaving Nac, I guess - something about how much the place will always mean to me. I knew it was a place I was going to really enjoy after the first month of living at Upton, between all-night Civ3 games with Max and Dru, throwing up in my bed the first night, topless parties and everything else. I never really expected Nacogdoches to change me as much as it has, though. I never thought I'd feel so at home there, such a part of something, more than I ever felt in New Orleans when I was going to school there. And again, for that, I want to thank you guys. I have made what I feel to be life-long friendships, and I love you guys and I'm going to miss you. I won't miss the town, so much, even though it is a cheap and enjoyable place to live, but I'll miss the people. Even those that aren't a part of this blog or circle of friends, but who touched my life in ways here and there. I'm sad, having left, really sad, but I'm bolstered by my faith in you guys and my faith in our ability to remain friends, family, for a long long time.

I will see you guys in a couple weeks or so. In the meanwhile, I'm getting drunk for free with Dru tonight - he asked "want to go out for free drinks, Casteel is opening a bar tonight, wanna go out?" What kind of question is that.

2 comments:

Sean! said...

i hate you mike.

Ouagadougou said...

Mike I wish you had respected me, instead of always looking at me like a piece of meat that needed to be tenderized by your soft touch.