Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Why George Lucas?

I just read an article in which Harrison Ford admitted that they are planning a fifth Indiana Jones movie. Why can't they leave our childhood alone?

I'm beginning a job as a waitress this week. I have never waited tables before, but I have to go through a really thorough training program first. I'm so nervous. What if I drop a tray? Or spill something all over my customers?

It has cooled down a lot here in Dallas which is very exciting for me. Autumn is my favorite season. I feel inspired and ready for change.

What are you guys looking forward to in the next few months? I mean, besides Halloween which is the greatest holiday ever.

5 comments:

josephine terese said...

i am looking forward to... um.. hm. i thought something big would come to me while i typed that sentence.
well! i'm looking forward to maybe seeing ben folds in houston. and maybe spending a weekend at home.
what is the restaurant you are working at? maybe i know it?

Mike Jaynes said...

I am looking forward to the end of this quarter and coming back to Texas. YES. Also, before that, crazywild Halloweentimes in Athens.

Kacey said...

Jo: I'm working at Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse in Plano. Everyone there is really nice which makes me happy. And I get a sweet discount! Yay!
I really miss my family. I haven't seen them in two months... I can't wait to go home and visit soon.

Mike: TEXAS! WOOHOO! When and how long?
I feel sad because I won't be in Nac for any Halloween parties. Maybe my co-workers will throw one that I can attend...

Katie said...

first of all... halloween is the greatest holiday ever. since im still applying to jobs (even though i have two) i guess im looking forward to more change if the opportunity arises. glad youre employed and you get a discount.

ben folds in h-town? sweeeet
hey mike? what the heck? when will you be in nac?

Mike Jaynes said...

Katie- Probably right after Thanksgiving. Also be jealous, I'm going to Ben Folds TOMORROW on campus here. Woot woot.