Monday, September 1, 2008

Corespondence

I've already told a few of you, but I thought I would share an email thread between Mari (Sam's mom) and myself. I don't think she would mind my sharing it, and I know she would appreciate emails or facebook posts.
(Start with the bottom email and work up.)

Josephine,

Thank you so much for your kind words.
I am glad I am here to help my mother, but can't wait to go home.
I will go home on 9/9, and 1 month is a long time to be away from home.

Hope your classes are going well, and please send all my love to everybody!

Love
Mari

Mari Howlett (Colquitt) marihowlett@hotmail.com




Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:34:09 -0500
From: josephine.bibby@gmail.com
To: marihowlett@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Sending Hi from Japan


Mari,
I am so sorry to hear about your father. I know that even when a loved one has been sick, it is so hard to lose them. Know that we in Nacogdoches are thinking of you and your family.
I'm counting on next year to be better than this one at least.
Love, Josephine

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Mari Howlett <marihowlett@hotmail.com> wrote:
Josephine,

I am sending this to you from Japan.
It's so good to hear from you.
I hope all is well with you and everybody.

Unfortunately, my father died on 8/7 and I am here since 8/10 to help my mother.
I will go home on 9/9.
My father had been ill for a long time and it was not a surprise to any of us.
All the same, this has been a sad year for us.

Izumi has gone off to A & M a week ago and I am hoping he is doing OK.
I know it's a big change for him, and am very excited for him too.

Please send all my love to everybody.

Love
Mari

No comments: